Aiken Promotions presents
COLM MAC CON IOMAIRE
_ Main Venue _
New Album And Now The Weather (Agus Anois An Aimsir), Released April 17th (Plateau)
Colm Mac Con Iomaire (The Frames, The Swell Season) returns with his second album And Now The Weather (Agus Anois An Aimsir) on 17th April. This is the follow-up to his debut solo album in 2008, The Hare’s Corner.
And Now The Weather marks a return to collaboration. From the impressive solo run that was The Hare’s Corner, the multi-tasking on stringed instruments, the immaculate production, this album features orchestral levels of players and instruments.
The album was recorded by Karl Odlum, Leon O’ Neill and Colin Elliot in studios and homes across Wexford, Wicklow, Sheffield, Dublin and San Francisco.
Listen to new track “The Finnish Line” –
In a crowded field of outstanding Irish fiddle players and interpreters of traditional music, Colm Mac Con Iomaire is unique. After starting the band Kíla with school friends, Colm went on to found and play with The Frames, who celebrate 25 years together in 2015. Colm’s compositions have featured in both film and theatre.
1. The Finnish Line / An Líne Fhionlannach
2. A Study In Scarlet / Staidéar Dearg
3. Set Sail / Croch Seol
4. Flower / Bláth
5. The White Boat-Liam O’Reilly / An Bád Bán-Liam Ó Raghallaigh
6. In the Arms of the Angels / I mBaclainn na nAingeal
7. The Legend of Oisín / Laoi Oisín
8. Mood Alabama / Aoibh Alabama
9. Sappho’s Daughter / Iníon Sappho
10. A Farewell to the Sea / Slán leis an bhFarraige
Colm will play three sold-out shows in July with The Frames in Dublin and Cork.
TICKETS – SOLD OUT
– 50c per ticket service charge applies on phone, internet or creditcard bookings. Final ticket price may be higher from other outlets.
Strictly over 18′s, I.D. may be required
AFTER THE GIG
Whelan’s Indie Club w/ Late Bar from 10:30pm or check out the bands playing The Midnight Hour in the upstairs venue (FREE ENTRY, 12am).