NIGHT HOWL w/ THE NEW EMPERORS & YOUTH MASS
Pickled Onion Records presents
THE NEW EMPERORS
Sign up for guest list HERE
Upstairs@Whelan’s from Midnight.
Helping to launch the new night are 2 of Dublin’s hottest bands at the moment The New Emperors and Youth Mass
The New Emperors
The New Emperors (formerly Morgan La Faye) were formed in 2013. Under their old moniker they performed the length and breadth of the country from Whelans, The Village, The Button Factory,The Sugar Club and Cyprus Avenue to festivals like No Place Like Dome, Indiependence and Knockanstockan.
In 2012, the four-piece narrowly came second out of 700 acts in 98 fm’s “Brand New Act of 2012”. Following the name change, The New Emperors were selected as winners of the “Budweiser Future Sounds” competition 2013, and recorded a track with legendary producer Rob Kirwan (U2, Depeche Mode, Bell X1).
Youth Mass are Darren Mullarkey, Neil Nevins, Barry Mullarkey and Willy Gray, an indie pop four piece from Trim.
2014 has been their most impressive year to date, starting with the release of their much anticipated debut album “Morning Run | Evening Sun”, which was celebrated by a sold out release party in the main room in Whelan’s Dublin.
The years highlights so far include;
– Album straight in at no 1 in iTunes Irish Rock Chart.
– Reached no 7 in the iTunes Irish Album Charts.
– In June, single Dream On was used in 2 minute segment on RTE Television, featuring All Ireland Champions Dublin, on The Sunday Game.
– June also saw Youth Mass signing with Dublin music label Pickled Onion Records.
– Next single “Old Enough To Know Better” due for release on August 8th, with release party on the night in The Workman’s Club, Dublin.
– Appearing at the Tara Rocks festival, with more festivals to announce this August.
– Appearing at the main B & S stage at Electric Picnic 2014, described in Joe.ie as one of its 5 highlights for the weekend.
FREE before 10:30pm, Club entry applies after 10:30pm (Thur/Fri/Sat)