Saturday 22nd April
EXTRA DATE ADDED ON FRI 21 APR
_ Main Venue _
On the eve of the band’s 3rd sell out headline Dublin show in eight months BRAVE GIANT announce its first Dublin headline show of 2017 The Main Room @ Whelan’s, Dublin on Saturday 22nd April 2017
Tickets priced €10 on sale 0900 Saturday 17th December from wavtickets.ie and tickets.ie
2016 has been a year of many highs for Longford based Brave Giant.
In December 2015, the band had not yet given a headline Dublin concert. December 2016, they have given two, both sold out in a matter of days and on December 17th the band plays its 3rd Dublin sell out show. This time at The Workmans Club. The show sold out in five days. The band also went to No 2 in the itunes album chart with its debut EP, ‘Lordy Lordy’.
On December 17th, tickets for the band’s first Dublin headline show of 2017 go on sale. The concert will take place at Main Room Whelans on Saturday April, 22nd.
Tickets priced €10 including booking fee, go on sale from wavtickets.ie and tickets.ie at 09.00 on Saturday December 17th.
A successful first half of 2016 was the perfect segway into an equally successful autumn and winter for this Longford based Indie/folk/pop five-piece.
· Mark Prunty (guitar/vox), Podge Gill (guitar/vox), Ross McNerney (banjo/mandolin), Emmett Collum (drums), David Kilbride (bass).
Together with now adding a 3rd SOLD OUT Dublin headline date to its list of achievements in 2016, Brave Giant was also delighted to be asked by Bord na Mona to participate in its #HearthSessions campaign this winter. All details were announced at Whelans Parlour Bar on October 26th during the first ever #HearthSessions when the band performed alongside Gavin James & Roisin O.
The sold out Christmas Show at The Workmans Club Dublin on December 17th will conclude an exceptional official year 1 for Brave Giant.
– A year that includes three sold out headline Dublin shows in eight months, a number of performances across national and independent local radio shows, taken under the wing of online powerhouse joe.ie who showed this five-piece incredible support consistently during 2016, being invited to play Indiependence, playing its first UK shows including Into The Wild Festival this summer, sold out shows in hometown Longford at The Backstage theatre & a number No 2 debut EP on release
In 2017 we will bring a brand new EP, the new headline show in Whelans on April 22nd and the band is already in talks about festivals both in the UK and USA in addition to here at home. Stay Tuned.
— — — — —
- This summer two Headline Shows @ Whelan’s Live (upstairs) sold out in less than 1 week (the 1st in less than 6 hours)
- Workmans Club headline show for December 17th sells out in 5 days
- Combined You Tube & Facebook views of nearly 500,000
- Indiependence Music & Arts Festival 2016
- Winner Le Crunch Apple of My Eye Song Contest 2016
Pat Kenny Show, News talk 106FM 17 May 2016
Two Tube – 9 May 2016
TICKETS – SOLD OUT
– 50c per ticket service charge applies on phone, internet or creditcard bookings. Final ticket price may be higher from other outlets.
Strictly over 18’s, I.D. may be required.
AFTER THE GIG
Whelan’s Indie Club w/ Late Bar from 10:30pm or check out the bands playing The Midnight Hour in the upstairs venue – Free Entry via front door until 10:30pm | Drinks Promos
- Whelan's, 25 Wexford St.
- Doors: 8pm
- Tickets: SOLD OUT